Jul 23, 2015
Does meth effect staph infection?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Meth doesn't affect Staph infections, per se, but if you shoot meth or other drugs, you may be at increased risk of serious skin or heart infections. If you do shoot drugs, use clean kits and preferably, don't share your kit; or learn to how to clean your kits. Better yet, if available, take advantage of needle and syringe exchange programs.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Are Black People More Prone To Hiv Infection?
- Can Atripla Cause False Positive On Drug Screen For Marijuna?
- Are Hiv Symptoms Constant Or Do They Come And Go?
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Symptoms To Start?
- Hiv Transmission Through Eyes
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.