Rifafour

Good day

I have been recently diagnosed with TB and started on the above medication. I take 4 tablets per day and my weight is 95kg, is this correct dosage for someone as big as me or do I need to take 5 tablets a day. My 2nd question is can one find out how long they have had TB for?

REGARDS

Hello and thanks for posting.

Rifafour is a commonly used combination tablet for treatment of TB. It comes in several different strengths- and as such, I can't determine if your dose is correct or not.

I'd suggest asking your care provider or pharmacist to verify if your dosing is correct.

As for your second question, one cannot tell how long you've had TB; only that you have it.

Hope that's helpful, BY

Tuberculosis spread
about PEP~post emergency prophylaxis