Please advise Mr Dr Young

Hi Dr young Please can you not post this to the form. (2nd attempt don't know where my 1st attempt went 😀) I moved to California thousand oaks from Europe, affected in nov 2014, diagnosed Jan 2015. My Doc decided no need for meds right away. Nxt appointment was due end of may. To keep this schedule I need a doc over here. I found a few names on Google but could you give me a referral ( it would give me piece of mind ) Also the months are passing by and I am concerned about long term effects of not getting early treatment for example the virus setting up home in my brain and central nervous system (CNS), having a large reservoir etc. I believe the lesser the foot hold the better. But on the other hand taking meds every day many lead to other problems like toxicity. What would your thoughts be on this? Thank you in advance for your reply I know you as busy Regards

Waiting for a cure til then keep on living!

Hello and thanks for posting.

There are many excellent HIV specialists in the northern Los Angeles area- I'd suggest using the American Academy of HIV Medicine's Referral Link to search for certified providers. For starters (and by no means to be comprehensive) I can personally speak to excellent private practice providers at the Cedars Sinai Hospital and surrounding neighborhoods. I'd suggest giving a call to AIDS Project Los Angeles to get their input on who's who and who is accepting new patients.

Regarding when to start treatment, here in the US, it's recommended for all people living with HIV, irrespective of CD4 count or clinical symptoms. The newest HIV medications are very well tolerated, and rarely cause significant side effects or toxicity.

Hope that helps, BY

70th Days ARV with nauseous side effect did not resides
Psylocybin Mushrooms and Protease Inhibitors