Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Acknowledgement

Hi Ben: my wife is sero+ and am having un protected sex for now a year and two months, three times in a week. I have tested for HIV several times but the results are yet encouraging. What's my chances of remaining virus free.Am confused sometimes i feel like quoting the relationship but she pledges to commit suicide if i happen to leave her. Please teach me about this situation. Thankyou.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It seems to me that you're both under a lot of tension about this important issue and a thorough understanding about your risks will be healing.

There are many factors that govern risk of HIV transmission. First off, HIV transmission doesn't always occur after condomless sex.

It's also possible that you're relatively protected genetically from HIV infection as some individuals harbor mutations in the HIV co-receptor on the surface of cells.

Perhaps most important, is whether your wife if on HIV medications and has an undetectable viral load. If this is the case, your risk of acquiring HIV, even without regular use of condoms, is very, very low. A huge clinical trial among serodifferent couples in Europe, where the poz partner was on treatment with an undetectable viral load, and condom use was not regular, found zero cases of HIV transmission from poz to neg partner.

Hope that's helpful and feel free to write back, BY

hi
Herbal interactions with Atripla