HIV carrier

My partner is HIV+ and I'm HIV-. We tested at the same time and all subsequent tests have confirmed this but this 'carrier' phenomenon is a real issue in our marriage because it posits that I could have infected her. My question: Can I test negative and infect someone with HIV?

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'm not sure about the carrier state you refer to is. If your partner is HIV+, that means that without treatment and an undetectable viral load, s/he's most likely to be infectious

If you've repeatedly have tested negative for HIV, you're not infected and can't transmit the virus.

BY

Syphilis Re-infection?
hi