scared

Hello my cd4 count is 50 yet im too scared to start treatment.....my body is always itchy with a rash in some parts......

what must I do now? I was prescribed Atroiza

Hello and thanks for posting.

With your perilously low CD4 cell count (it's AIDS-defining), you're at very significant risk of life threatening complications, like infections or cancers. I'd strongly recommend (as your doctors have) that you start on HIV treatments. They are usually very well tolerated and should restore your health and reduce your risk of complications. Your rash should improve, not worsen with treatment. I'd expect your energy and appetite to improve too.

Atroiza is a generic form of the widely prescribed Atripla. This medication is usually very well tolerated, though predictably can cause psychological side effects (like insomnia or vivid dreams) in the first several weeks of treatment. For this reason, it's best to take the medication around bedtime, preferably on an empty stomach (to avoid excess absorption of the meds).

I'd welcome feedback from our readers about their experiences, it may be helpful for our writer.

I hope that helps, be well. BY

kidney damage
Should Fluconazole be continued?