Early HIV symptoms

Hello Dr Young,

Approximately 6 weeks ago I went to a massage parlour and stupidly had protected sex with the female masseuse. I can only assume that this is a regular occurrence and she is a prostitute. This only lasted for 2 minutes maximum and I am worried sick that I have HIV. after researching the Internet I beleive I have symptoms of HIV: initially a sore throat after 4 weeks that turned into a dry mouth and now mild trouble swallowing with tightness in my chest and neck. In addition, over the last week I have started to drink at least two litres of water daily whilst being on antibiotics which has resulted in bouts of dihoria. At about week 5 I had two cold sores which have healed (I generally get cold sores when I am stressed) I also had a very small ulcer on the inside of my lip which healed in a number of days. Are the symptoms I am experiencing a sign of early HIV infection. I cannot stop worrying as I have just started a family and this was my first encounter with a prostitute. I have visited my Dr and he advised that it is low risk and I will have a 42 day test next week. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated as I am beside myself and I am having some suicidal thoughts.

Worried if you are infected? This forum is for those who have already tested positive for HIV. So if you are HIV negative or unsure of your status, please visit our forum on Safe Sex and HIV Prevention. Or call the Centers for Disease Control Hotline, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 1.800.232.4636 if you need immediate answers.

URGENT!!! Took prezista 15 minutes prior to meal
Black spots on face and neck