Recent HIV exposure with mild symptoms

Sir,

I am a 29 year old male. 23 days ago I was exposed to a female who is HIV+ when I was in Africa. I used a condom but at some point during the sex the condom came off, weird this has never happened to me before, great timing. After I finished, I pulled out and noticed the condom wasn't on. I immediately went to the bathroom and washed thoroughly and urinated. I was obviously suspicious because its Africa. I finally got her to do an HIV test to find out she was negative after she assured me she wasn't for 7 full days and even went as far as showing me her last check up that my hand-written as NEGATIVE. She was positive for HIV and I immediately started PEP treatment, little did the doc in Africa know that its useless after 72 hours so I stopped the treatment at the recommendation of a stateside doc. Another bit of information that isn't going my direction is that I have herpes simplex #1 and she had a CD4 of 284 which is really low and she wasn't on any treatment that I know of.

Symptoms:

1-3 Days after burning/irritated urethra, irregular heartbeat, abdominal twitching, tingling in thighs

4-10 just a weird pain in my chest, and my chest feeling cold in temperature every so often, one night I had sweats

11-17 sore throat, swollen glands, generally feeling weak but all very mild, it wasn't the "worst flu ever".

17-23 no real symptoms, just feeling really weak and obviously very scare with severe anxiety. Every feeling in my body I blow up thinking something negative is happening inside me. Like a twitch or tingle anywhere in my body.

Day 23 - Just took a 4th generation test and won't hear back for a few days.

what do you think? Are my symptoms too mild or "imaginative" because I know I was exposure? Or does this timeline and these symptoms seem like something that is possibly the onset of an HIV+ outlook?

This forum is for those who have already tested positive for HIV. So if you are HIV negative or unsure of your status, please visit our forum on Safe Sex and HIV Prevention. Or call the Centers for Disease Control Hotline, open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year at 1.800.232.4636 if you need immediate answers.

tpha
Change of medication