Dec 31, 2014
Hello how are you?Yes i have hiv and i take medication stribild.Everyday at 8:05pm.i have two questions.First question i might be pregnant,not sure but if i am will anything happen to my baby or me?Second question if im not pregnant i was thinking of getting a tattoo.Will it be safe for me?please and thank you.
Response from Dr. Young
People living with HIV can and do have healthy, HIV-uninfected babies. Having an undetectable HIV viral load is probably the single most important thing that one can do during pregnancy to insure the health of the child.
Tatoos are not a problem, if done in a reputable, hygienic place.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Nipple Sucking
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Sex
- Is Jock Itch A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Having Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.