Can I let gonorrhea untreated? How long?

Hello. I am having the gonorrhea condition and would like to know if how long can I let this untreated before it makes any complications and what is the worse thing that could happen?

The reason I raise such question because its too risky to get myself checked in the country where I'm at as it would create a buzz in this muslim country and might get me deported. I have no clue what to do. I have to go home to my home country before I get myself checked or have any treatment there which may take couple of months before I do so.

Can I let my condition untreated for couple of months? Do I have to worry too much about what the effects of not treating it? Please anyone could let me know what the worse scenario would be?

Thanks!

Hello and thanks for posting.

Untreated gonorrhea can be a serious health problem. Here's what the US CDC says:

"Untreated gonorrhea can cause serious and permanent health problems in both women and men.

In women, untreated gonorrhea can cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Some of the complications of PID are formation of scar tissue that blocks fallopian tubes; ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside the womb; infertility (inability to get pregnant); long-term pelvic/abdominal pain.

In men, gonorrhea can cause a painful condition in the tubes attached to the testicles. In rare cases, this may cause a man to be sterile, or prevent him from being able to father a child. Rarely, untreated gonorrhea can also spread to your blood or joints. This condition can be life-threatening.

Untreated gonorrhea may also increase your chances of getting or giving HIV the virus that causes AIDS."

For more information, here's the link to the US CDC page.

BY

leaving atripla inside a hot car for about 30 minutes
Worried about CD4 drop after long and steep rise.