Can we have a baby

Doctor young, i was recently diagnosed with hiv and im on meds with a goal of having undetectable viral load , im married 4 years and have a 2 years , whome we had before i found out i was positive , we had our baby by AI as i had low count , my wife was tested after my diahnosis and was hiv negative , can we safely have another child by AI? Or will there be a risk of infecting my wife and the new baby?do i have to disclose my status to the AI clinic?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Of course you could have another child- artificial insemination remains a possibility for you and having an undetectable HIV viral load means that the risk of transmitting HIV is very, very low.

I would recommend informing your providers about all of your health status (including HIV)- it only helps those who help you provide better care.

Be well, BY

Switching from one PEP regime to another
Arthritic hip and HIV