Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Really worried about building resisstance
Oct 2, 2014

Dear Doctor,

I have been on my meds since 18/08/2014 for 45 days and i have missed 2 morning doses of Lamivudine/Zidovudine(Lamzid) and 2 doses of Lamzid and Efavirenz in the evening.The missed evening doses were within a period of 10 days. Please advice what i should do as to stop taking my meds and consult my medical practitioner immediately or continue with my medication irregardless of the missed doses

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your missed doses, while not ideal are not highly likely to cause drug resistance- the best thing to do at this time is to continue taking your medications, and work on the adherence. Perhaps a pill box, an alarm or other reminder system can be helpful.

What you should not do is stop your medications. If you're concerned about the missed doses, speak to your practitioner about what's going on.

BY

Previous
Looking for consensus
Next
PEP after received oral sex with ejaculation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.