Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Really worried about building resisstance

Dear Doctor,

I have been on my meds since 18/08/2014 for 45 days and i have missed 2 morning doses of Lamivudine/Zidovudine(Lamzid) and 2 doses of Lamzid and Efavirenz in the evening.The missed evening doses were within a period of 10 days. Please advice what i should do as to stop taking my meds and consult my medical practitioner immediately or continue with my medication irregardless of the missed doses

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your missed doses, while not ideal are not highly likely to cause drug resistance- the best thing to do at this time is to continue taking your medications, and work on the adherence. Perhaps a pill box, an alarm or other reminder system can be helpful.

What you should not do is stop your medications. If you're concerned about the missed doses, speak to your practitioner about what's going on.

BY

Looking for consensus
PEP after received oral sex with ejaculation