Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Thyroxine

Sep 28, 2014

I am going on a holiday soon from SYDNEY to Santiago Chile 14 behind Sydney I take Thyroxine every day at 7am SYDNEY time

Monday and Tuesday's 100 mg Wenesday 50 mg Thursday 100 mg Friday 50mg Saturday 100 mg and Sunday 50mg In total for the week is 550 mg I do like to break it this way as it works better for me My question how will I take this pill at my usual time For example we leave Sydney at 1 pm Friday So already i would have taken my pill in the morning, 12 hours later we arrive In Santiago on the same day but will be saturday here in Australia and friday overseas, so when and Wich pill do I take the 100 mg or the 50 mg

What happens if I miss one day? I am totally confused Please help

Thank you so much

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

I wouldn't sweat the details. Just continue on your usual schedule when you arrive in Santiago- it might mean that your two doses are a little closer (or further apart) than usual, but for a single day or dose, it won't cause any significant problems.

BY

Previous
Can Truvada cause Tinnitus?
Next
bacteria blood infection with a 102 fever

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.