Cancer and hiv testing

Hello , i was tested for hiv using a combo test at 100 days post possible exposure with a woman of unknown status . My results were negative . But I had cancer surgery 3 weeks after sleeping with this woman . The cancer is gone due to the surgery . So I'm taking NO chemo or radiation treatments . But I was wondering do I need to test again . I'm worried that because of the surgery and cancer will it take my body longer to produce detectable antibodies . Thank you for your time .

Hello and thanks for posting.

Surgery has no effect on the accuracy of HIV antibody testing. A negative test more than 3 months after your last exposure is definitive.

If you remain sexually active, HIV testing is recommended as part of routine health care.

faint hiv positive
Anxiety Attacks