Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Am I causing damage to my Truvada pills?

Aug 31, 2014

Hello. After I take my Truvada medication,I have a problem determining whether or not the bottle cap is screwed back onto the bottle tight enough as the instructions say to make sure that the Truvada bottle is tightly closed. My problem is caused by my having Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder.There is a cardboard bottle cap liner inside the screw-on cap,for the bottle,that I have noticed changes position.So,before I put the cap back onto the bottle I use my finger to make sure that the cardboard liner is pushed back against the top of the inside of the bottle cap.I seem to have to keep opening and closing the bottle containing my Truvada tablets to make sure that the bottle cap is screwed on tightly.(It has crossed my mind that when I do screw the bottle cap back onto the bottle then,that action should push the cardboard bottle cap liner back into place and I shouldn't have to worry whether or not the bottle cap is back on the bottle tightly enough.But,as I've mentioned,I'm obsessive/compulsive.) My question is,will all my opening and closing (10-15 times a day) of the Truvada bottle cause any damage to the Truvada tablets inside? There is a silica gel canister inside the bottle so,would it provide enough protection so that the Truvada tablets wouldn't be damaged or affected by my opening and closing the bottle so many times? Thankyou for any advice about this.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello,

No worries. You can open and close your medication bottles as often as you'd like without fear of damaging your bottles.

BY

Previous
viral load and cd4 count
Next
Stribild to Triumeq?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.