Question about Medication - start

I have this week to get medication - for the first time My CD4 is around 250th I get ruvada, darunavir, Norvir. Are these drugs a good choice?

Hello and thanks for posting.

First off, yes, you should be on HIV medications. Your CD4 cell count is perilously close to the AIDS-defining (and serious illness risk) level of 200.

The regimen of Truvada, Prezista and Norvir is indeed a good regimen- it's among 7 recommended regimens in 2014 US treatment guidelines. I've found it very potent and typically very well tolerated, particularly if you take your meds with a little food.

Let our readers know how it goes for you. Be well, BY

Meds Toxicity
Isn't it Time for a Cure?