|t cell count
Aug 14, 2014
With a t cell count of 45 how dangerous is it to have daily contact with a lung cancer patient in home hospice care
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Since lung cancer is not contagious or caused by an infectious disease, there should be no risk to a person with a very low CD4 cell count.
If your CD4 is 45, you should be on HIV medications and preventative antibiotics (Bactrim to prevent Pneumocystis, and azithromycin to prevent MAC).
Hope that helps, BY
What do I do when I get off schedule with Atripla?
Alcohol and a triple
- Hiv Symptoms After 1 Year
- If You Have Sex With A Girl And Another Without A Condom Do I Have Hiv?
- Can Herpes Infection Cause A Positive Hiv Test?
- How Much Breast Milk Needed To Contract Hiv?
- When A Person Is Incarcerated Do They Get Tested For Hiv And Std?
- Can You Get Hiv From Drinking Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.