NO side Effects on PEP?

I have been prescribed Truvada and Isentress as PEP after a possible sexual exposure to HIV. I started the regimen about 12 hours after exposure and have taken every dose thus far. I'm currently 2 weeks into the PEP. My biggest concern, though, is that I have not experienced any side effects at all. I have read PEP often has severe or significant side effects. Why haven't I experienced any? Are the meds doing their job? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but it is freaking me out!

Thanks so much for your help!

Hello and thanks for posting.

What? You're worried that you're not having side effects? The regimen that you're taking for PEP is very well tolerated. I have frequently prescribed Truvada and Isentress for my patients who are living with HIV- it rarely causes any significant side effects.

So, chalk this up to paranoia; or perhaps a guilt-related need to have negative side effects. HIV medications today shouldn't cause side effects. The absence of side effects is a great thing, not something to be worried about.

BY

herbal remedies
PEP for Deliberate Exposure to HIV