Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

HIV and Genital Warts

Hello, I am an HIV positive male with anal genital warts. Will the warts ever go away? I have tried cryotherapy with no success. I know that there is no cure for HPV, but the genital warts have come with a lot of pain and discomfort. I am scheduled for surgery to remove the warts but I am not sure if that will guarantee that they will come back.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Genital warts can be successfully treated (and go away), but it's not uncommon (in fact, usual) for this to take several treatments over a period of time.

Recurrence is not unheard of, particularly if your CD4 count is low.

Hope that helps, BY

Undetectable VL and PrEP
PEP, Kaletra, Insetress