two months after pep
Jul 21, 2014
Hello doctor young,thank you for the work your rendering,am now three months after exposure and two months after pep,I had a tested for antibodies and the results are negative.my question is have pep extended the window period.thank you. .
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In brief, no. PEP doesn't affect the window period or the timing of HIV testing.
A negative test three months after exposure is definitive.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Why Do Genital Warts Come Back?
- Where On The Body Can Shingles Break Out?
- When Can You Have Sex After Herpes?
- What Color Are Herpes Bumps?
- What Are The Chances Of Spreading Herpes With No Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.