is it safe

I'm hiv+ and I'm exclusivly breast feeding I'm on fdc I my baby is just a month and I give him daily neverapin, I'm worried because he cries of gasy stomach so I want to knw if I should give him gas drops and I also want to know if its safe for me to pour drops of my breast milk in his eyes. (I was advised to do so to avoid him getting eyes problem)

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's clear from your question about breast feeding that you don't live in a high income country where breast feeding is not recommended for HIV+ mothers.

In low income countries, the benefit that breast feeding provides in preventing serious diarrheal illnesses outweighs the risk of HIV transmission- particularly if (like you) you're on treatment for HIV.

It's not clear from your question if your son has eye problems or not. If he doesn't I see no reason to put breast milk in his eyes. If he has eye problems, the best thing to do is to contact his healthcare provider to sort out what the problem (and treatment) might be.

Hope that helps, and best of health to your family. BY

I think my meds are not working
HIV cure