positive nanny

Good day docs

I have this lady whose helping us in our house,and I just learnt that she is hiv positive and she suffers from severe diarrhea, now I have a baby boy 2months n will I be putting my son health at risk if I hire this lady as a full time nanny,she is not taking meds and has never disclosed to me.her sister told me because she once was very ill.

Please help as am going back to work n would also wanna help her, am also +n on meds undectatible viral load and cd4 of 700.am on odimune.

Hello and thanks for posting.

As you probably know, HIV isn't acquired through casual household contact. So while it seems that your nanny might benefit from a greater degree of medical care (analysis for the cause of her diarrhea and possibly, HIV medications), it's entirely unlikely that your son's health is at any risk.

Hope that helps, BY

PEP
Tivicay