Do meds work for everyone?

Hello Dr. Young, I was wondering if everyone now responds to the new meds on the market. I remember back in the day when everyone's HIV could not be managed with the meds available at the time. I am not referring to AZT but when the cocktails became available. Several of my friends still faded away while many recovered. At the time my family was surprised to learn that the life saving drugs weren't 100% effective.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Meds today, if one has access to treatment and able to be adherent, can indeed be effective for all. Furthermore, unlike days past, nearly everyone starting treatment today should expect regimens that are very well tolerated, and easy to take.

Increasingly countries around the world are appreciating these aspects and are more and more recommending treatment for all people living with HIV. Full deployment of HIV testing, access to care and treatment offers the promise of making death from AIDS exceedingly rare and new cases of HIV less and less common.

BY

Moving COMPLERA Time
From Truvada to Tivicay