Do i need PEP after giving oral
Jul 9, 2014
I performed oral sex on 2 men with unknown hiv statuses and took semen in my mouth, i didnt keep it in for more than 5 seconds and have no cuts in my mouth that i know of should i be cosidering PEP.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
According to the most recent New York State PEP guidelines, receptive oral sex is lower risk for HIV transmission and warrants PEP only on a case-by-case basis: if the insertive partner was known to have HIV with a high viral load, if you had oral lesions (for example a herpes outbreak or bleeding gums).
Overall, your risk seems very, very low, and likely doesn't benefit from PEP. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.