Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Syphilis and CD4 count

Hi I was recently diagnosed with HIV and CD4 count of 17 further test revealed I had Syphilis of which I'm being treated for.I lost part of my hair in the process will it ever get back and cover these ugly patches on my head.Thulani Male 32

Hello Thulani and thanks for posting.

Sorry to learn of your recent diagnosis. I do expect your health (and hair) to improve with treatment of both your syphilis and HIV/AIDS. Your CD4 count is quite low and it's imperative that you start on HIV medications. You should also be on trimethoprim/sulfa (Bactrim, Purbac, etc) to prevent certain types of opportunistic infections.

Again, it make take some time for immune health recovery, but be patient, be adherent, and stay in touch. BY

ARVS
Are my Labs in the normal, expected range?