Is it true that trace of syphilis can still be seen on blood tests after taking medication/after being cured?

My doctor advised to take antibiotics for a month to cure syphilis. He didn't tell me to come over to his clinic for post-testing. He told me that syphilis is curable. I asked him if there will be no trace of syphilis in my succeeding blood tests after taking the medication. He said that there will still be trace of syphilis in my blood test even if syphilis is cured. Is this true? Is there any way the trace in blood can be removed?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Yes and no. There are no traces of the syphilis bacteria after completion of treatment. The antibody test for syphilis (called RPR) will remain positive in most people for life, even after successful treatment- this is because this test detects your body's immune memory of the infection, not the infection itself.

BY

stopping HIV meds
Antibiotic for long Time