Newly Infected Past Age 50

Became HIV Poz at age 52 last year. Only chance of exposer was Feb 2013.. Got tested in Sep 2013. POZ . Great Doctor Fort Lauderdale Dr. Riganotti, started me in STRIBILD, 65000 VL to UD in 4 weeks, 146 CD4 to 259 4 weeks, 6 months later still UD , CD4 400, feel great, no other health problems.. One year on treatment will be October this year 2014. Any new studies on getting infected AFTER age if 50? I see many articles on Aging with HIV. But not much info on Contracting it after age 50.. Thank You DR. Young.. EX- Military ...

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you're doing great on your HIV integrase inhibitor-based regimen. There's much attention to the subject of healthy aging with HIV- indeed, once we get past the sometimes challenging issues of diagnosis, linkage/retention in medical care and access to treatment, the medical attention shifts towards the non-communicable diseases that are associated with HIV. These include mental health, cancers, cardiovascular, kidney, liver and bone diseases.

A useful resource in searching for the latest research on HIV and aging is the National Library of Medicine (or PubMed). This provides the latest in peer-reviewed publications on any topic.

For summaries on many of these disease states, check out IAPAC's

I hope that helps, and feel free to write back anytime. BY

Truvada side effect
Juice Cleanses and Effects