|PEP and Amoxcillin and Clavulanic acid
Jun 29, 2014
Hello I have been issued a 28 day regigme of PEP ..Loinavir ad Rtinavir and Emtricitabine and Tenofovir my question is the doctor also prescribed Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid for an possible infection, will the amoxicillin affect the treatment of my PEP meds in killing the HIV virus
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting,
There are no negative interactions between your PEP medications and the amox/clavulanic acid antibiotics.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.