PEP and Amoxcillin and Clavulanic acid
Jun 29, 2014
Hello I have been issued a 28 day regigme of PEP ..Loinavir ad Rtinavir and Emtricitabine and Tenofovir my question is the doctor also prescribed Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid for an possible infection, will the amoxicillin affect the treatment of my PEP meds in killing the HIV virus
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting,
There are no negative interactions between your PEP medications and the amox/clavulanic acid antibiotics.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Penis Mean I Have AIDS?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Sore Throat?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.