|PEP and Amoxcillin and Clavulanic acid
Jun 29, 2014
Hello I have been issued a 28 day regigme of PEP ..Loinavir ad Rtinavir and Emtricitabine and Tenofovir my question is the doctor also prescribed Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid for an possible infection, will the amoxicillin affect the treatment of my PEP meds in killing the HIV virus
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting,
There are no negative interactions between your PEP medications and the amox/clavulanic acid antibiotics.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does White Tongue Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Thrush Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.