on meds but cd4 has fropped twice!

I am on truvada, reyataz and norvir, I have been on it since febuary of 2006, and doing good, but this past year, my cd4 count in January of 2012 they was 886 and I lost insurance and had not consistent access to my meds and in Feb of 2014 they were 513...I got insurance again and am back on the same meds as mentioned above, but my last cd4 don't this month june of 2014 shows a count of 463...though my viarl load is still undetectable..my cd4 ratio has also fell...from 32% in Febuary of 2014 and it is now 26% as of my june 2014 labs, is there something I should be worried about? are my meds still working? as when I had no insurance, I had to make t hem stretch when I could get them, so my med taking was at time, was not regular...should I question my doctor? as he tells me as long as your undetectable...but I am still curious as to why t hey would drop so low after being so high for like the past 6 years...thanks in advance! and thanks for the site!

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'm with your doctor- if your viral load is undetectable, I'm not too concerned. The downward trend is worth watching, as there are conditions that can cause declines in total white blood cells, but in the context of having an undetectable viral load, it's very unlikely that there's a problem with viral resistance or treatment failure.

It's possible that your new insurance is using a new commercial diagnostic laboratory- sometimes different labs use different procedures and have different normal value ranges.

BY

Hepatotoxicity
fear of hiv drug resistant