not undetectable yet

Dr. , I am from Brazil! I started my hiv treatment with a viral load of 36.000. After one month it went down to 245 and after three months to 152. I am worried because I am not undetectable yet! Is it normal? I never missed a dose, but some times on saturdays I take my meds a few hours later (when I have a party or birthday) Is it ok to take at these ocasions a few hours later?? I Am taking lamivudine, tenofovir and efevirenz. thank you

Hello and thanks for posting from Brazil.

Your viral load decline is very acceptable. At 152, it's very close to undetectable, and I don't worry much when it's below 200. I'd expect it to reach undetectable levels by months 4 or 6.

You're dose timing is perfectly fine- there's not need for stop watch precision.

Hope that's helpful, BY

Hiv
nonreactive Hepatitis