As long as I need to disclose I'm not functionally cured! Part 2

thank you for the quick reply. while i find your answer reassuring it is not exactly what the world is thinking about the disease. please go to fox news or any other network and tell the world these facts about hiv, that it is treatable, manageable, that those on effective treatment cannot transmit the virus and that they have a normal life expectancy. it would certainly sound as breaking news to the majority of people totally unaware of this facts. it would help us a lot and perhaps allow to consider more and better your point of view on the functional cure. thanks.

Hello and good to hear back from you.

This is a very interesting and important dialog that you and I are having. What you're really addressing isn't the nature of a functional cure, but rather, the equally (if not more) important issue of the criminalization of people living with HIV.

Indeed, this is a issue that affects people living with HIV in many places and in many social settings. Sean Strub, the founder of POZ magazine has been one of the champions of this subject, having just helped to convene the first ever international conference on the subject in Iowa. His blog on the topic is a good framework for thinking about the problem.

Do know that through my work with IAPAC, the International Association of Providers of AIDS Care, the human rights issues of stigma, discrimination and criminalization of people living with (or affected by) HIV are central to our mission and the work that we do.

Yours in the fight, BY

How CAN i buy atripla
Am I doing myself any good?