Stribild taken with food

Dear Dr. Young,

I have two questions regarding the need to take Stribild with food: 1) I think you said once that the meal should be around 373 calories, but I read somewhere else that it can be around 300 calories. Does this make a big difference? 2) what kind of window do I have regarding when to take the meal - does it have to be taken immediately with Stribild, or do I have 15 minutes, 30 minutes leeway, etc? Thanks for everything you've done Dr. Young.

Hello and thanks for your kind words.

It's important to take Stribild with food, as food is needed to absorb the medications. There's no specific language in the drug's instructions as to the number of calories needed, but having fat in the meal increases the absorption.

Hope that's helpful. BY

Truvada and Isentress PEP effects
atripla and extreme anxiety