i am on pep with Atripla, side effects are unbearable

I started Atripla as pep treatment a week ago, i cannot seem to get over the side effects, i feel dizzy, lose concentration and feel light headed, i take the pill midday is it possible to change the time to evening maybe the side effects will be more bearable.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Atripla (whether for HIV treatment or PEP) should be taken at bedtime- precisely because of the side effects that you've described. If your having such side effects, it's also better to take on an empty stomach. This somewhat lowers the absorption of the medication, lowering the severity of the symptoms.

I'd suggest moving your dose from mid-day to bedtime.

Hope that helps, BY

PEP took one instead of two as a start
As long as I need to disclose I'm not functionally cured!