Side effects when taking PEP

I had a broken condom and I did not know if he was neg or not. He said he was but I did not want to take any risk. It was on the 18/05/14. I started taking PEP on the 19. I have been riding about the hiv symptoms and... I am a bit worried about it. I do have fatigue, been really tired lately and usually I am quite full of energy. Aches in some part of my body and a bit of fever, but nothing really high. The doctors said I would feel tired while taking the tables. Is it normal? Are the side effects this strong or I do have a high chance of being infected by it?

Thank you.

Jay

Hello Jay and thanks for posting.

Fatigue can be a side effect of some HIV/PEP medications, but not all of them.

I'm guessing that zidovudine (ZDV,AZT) may be part of your PEP treatment. If so, fatigue is quite common.

If you've been adherent to your PEP, it's very effective in preventing HIV infection- I don't have any strong suspicion that your symptoms are related to HIV.

BY

Please let me know
taken truvada for a month & possesing kidney stones