PEP took one instead of two as a start
Jun 24, 2014
I had unprotected sex with a confirmed hiv positive woman for 10 minutes, I was put on stocvir and combivir at the 70th hr. Instead of taking two combivir, i took one combivir and one stocvir, and in the morning i took one combivir, i realised at 1pm the dose was wrong so i topped up a combivir and in the evening ill resume to 2 combivitr and one stocvir!
Please advice if ive completely messed up the dosage?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While taking a double dose isn't ideal, other than increased short-term side effects, there's little consequences in a single episode.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Twitching Neuropathy
- In Hiv Does White Blood Cells Or Red Blood Cells Have To Do With Hiv
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
- What's The Difference Between Vaginosis And Vaginitis?
- What's The Difference Between Herpes And Cold Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.