Should I get PEP medication - 12 more hours to decide

Thanks for this great website. I ran my lips up and down my partners penis because I thought that would be safe. Two problems happened. 1. My partner forced his penis in my mouth with his hips for about 1 second. That ended the sexual encounter. I washed my mouth out with water immediately. 2. Later that day I realized I had a scratch on my lip that had blood on it! I never would have touched him like that if I knew the scratch was there. I'm close to starting pep which feels extreme, but the risks are to hi if I was exposed. The partner is unreachable. It is impossible to know his status, but safest to assume he is positive.

Thanks. Hope you can reply quick.

Best.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I generally don't recommend PEP for oral-only exposure-- even with a known positive partner. I don't think that having a scratch on your lip changes this assessment.

PEP or not, be sure to get HIV testing as part of your routine health care.

Be well, BY

2 drug regime?
Dr. Young, can you please help?