Herbal tea

Hi, Is it safe to drink eucaluptus tea with Truvada and Isentess? Is there a "site" that I can check if there are Interactions with Herbal teas and HIV meds? Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

I went to university in a eucalyptus forest in San Diego. I really enjoyed the smell of the forest after the morning fog burned off. I can't, however, imagine that that scent would be a good tea.

There's no formal data on the safety of eucalyptus tea with HIV medications. There are some areas of possible concern, particularly with medications that are metabolized by the P450 liver system. Notably, your medications are not metabolized this way, so there's probably lower risk of problems.

I strongly recommend the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine's website as an evidence-based, non-commercial reference for the activity and safety of such products. This site provides a link to this page on eucalyptus.

Hope that helps, BY

new hope?
re: new hope ?