Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

general advise

Hi Dr Ben, hope you are doing well. I m positive since 1 year , taking artipla daily, LFT/RFT- normal, cd4 800+.quite happy with medication and treatment. But a bit tensed for future complications, may be cancer, or diabetes, cardiac problem, etc.

I know that there is nothing much we can predict at this moment, but it would be great if you advise me some do's and don't that probably I can follow as added precautions, to keep me immuned further. Thanks &Regards

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sounds like you're doing very well on treatment. With an undetectable viral load and CD4 count above 750, you're on track to have a very healthy long-term prognosis. Several large studies suggest that people in your situation have the potential of normal life expectancy.

That means that other than staying adherent to your medications and appropriate monitoring, the focus of your health (and heath care) should be long-term preventive medicine.

The Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) recently published guidelines for the primary care of people living with HIV. These guidelines are a quite comprehensive check list of the things that health care providers should be mindful of, and correspondingly things that people living with HIV should pay attention to.

In addition to these things, I suggest to my patients to work on practical optimizing their diet, exercise, tobacco reduction/cessation, mental health and other issues.

Hope that helps, BY

Update on Switch from Atripla to Kivexa/Tivicay - And Half-Lives!
Eviplera and champix together