How long should prep be used before exposure
May 30, 2014
We are a magnetic couple trying to get pregnant. My husband is undetectable for 1 year. How long should I be taking truvada before we start to have condom less sex?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It was recently shown that it takes about 1 week for Truvada levels to become adequate for full PrEP protection.
If your husband's viral load is undetectable, your risk from condomless sex (even without PrEP) is very, very low.
Hope that's helpful. Let us know how things work out for you. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Scared I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.