Kaposi Sarcoma

Hello- You look like a friendly doctor ha! I wanted to ask you this question because I am scared. I have not had an HIV test yet - I am 40 years old now. I have what I think is KS several places on my legs and I am concerned now. I have read a lot about it - and it's the only logical explanation to me. I have no other symptoms - they don't hurt, and I exercise and eat healthy. I am scared to get the HIV test - I need to talk to a friendly doctor who won't scare me and reassure me that this can be fixed/corrected. It's almost a phobia of doctors of sorts. I live in Connecticut. Do you know of any gay-friendly doctors I can go to - talk to - and resolve my issue. Please? I really want to help myself - but just scared. I need a comforting, smart and re-assuring doctor I can go to. Any help you can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so so much.

Brian:(

Hello and thanks for posting.

I'd suggest checking out our good friends at Triangle Community Center in Norwalk. They are leading a international campaign to end stigma about HIV, and their doctors are well known clinicians and teachers. HIV testing puts the control of your health back in your hands rather in the domain of the unknown. HIV treatment can restore health, and permit a normal life expectancy. In the end, getting your skin lesions evaluated and HIV testing are first steps.

Hope that helps, BY

Nutrition
How long should prep be used before exposure