Why Was I Never Sick

Hi Doctor Young, 7 years ago, I was diagnosed with a fully blown case of AIDS but never was sick nor had any symptoms. The Elisa and the Western Blot confirmed the diagnosis. I am 67 and have been on Atripla recent tests t cells 1063 and an undetectable Viral load. As of today, I lead a very full life and never even have a cold. Could you explain this, if possible because I think my HIV specialist is even baffled. By the way, no high blood pressure, no high chlosterol, Liver tests fine, kidney and urine tests fine. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hello and thank you for posting.

It's wonderful to know that you've apparently fully recovered from once having an AIDS-defining CD4 count. Such is actually becoming commonplace among people who are involved in their care, on good medications and are able to stay adherent.

It's less baffling to me, after having watched many individuals traverse the same path as you. As for not having a common cold, this is a bit more unusual, but perhaps its due to good hand washing and a little bit of good luck.

The fact that you have normal liver and kidney function is welcomed and speaks to the excellent safety and tolerability of today's medications.

Be well, and thanks for sharing. BY

Long term risk of low CD4 in the setting of undetectable viral load.
generic meds