May 24, 2014
Hi Thank you so much for your service... I have started PEP program at 74 hours. How much it will be ok to stop HIV+.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's recommended that post-exposure prophylaxis be started within 72 hours of exposure. I wouldn't expect that starting at 74 hours would have much impact, but this is outside of the time range where were sure about the effect.
Hope that helps and be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Is The Shot You Get For Std's?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.