May 24, 2014
Hi Thank you so much for your service... I have started PEP program at 74 hours. How much it will be ok to stop HIV+.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
It's recommended that post-exposure prophylaxis be started within 72 hours of exposure. I wouldn't expect that starting at 74 hours would have much impact, but this is outside of the time range where were sure about the effect.
Hope that helps and be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.