PEPs Kaletra & Combivir
May 23, 2014
Hello Dr. Benjamin
My story was, I had protected vagina intercourse and unprotected oral sex (I am receiver). Both with a sex worker. I have few questions: 1. Was my risk of getting HIV infection high? 2. When should I get my test for HIV? 3. I am uncircumcised. Will this adding more risk to my condom usage? I hope I can get answers soon. And million thanks.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and think you proposing your question about post-exposure prophylaxis.
1. Your overall risk was very low. The risk while using a condom for vaginal intercourse or any oral sex is very low.
2. it's recommended have a HIV test one and three months after your exposure.
3. if you used a condom correctly, it makes no difference in risk if you're circumcised or not.
I hope that's helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Protected Sex And Vaginal Blood
- Hepatitis Low Platelet
- Can Immune Boosting Foods Raise Your Cd4 Count?
- Can I Do The Master Colon Cleanse While Taking Hiv Medications?
- What Is Thrush Does It Cause Vomiting?
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.