Effects of using Herbalife having HIV

I've been HIV poz for 13 years, currently undetectable, and taking Atripla. I've been toying with starting Herbalife but I haven't been able to find any info on the effects for HIV poz people. What are your thoughts regarding taking Herbalife and being HIV poz?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You'll read on this forum that in contrast to some others, I don't believe that it's either necessary nor beneficial to take supplements or vitamins.

In developed countries, like the US, most people get adequate calories, minerals and vitamins from the food that they eat. There are a few exceptions to this- and people with known disease and vitamin or mineral deficiencies should take supplements; such as iron deficiency anemia, or osteoporosis and calcium or vitamin D deficiency.

Outside of these situations, I think that vitamins and supplements are unneeded, and actually might be harmful.

For more information about this topic, I suggest reading Dr. Paul Offit's book, Do you believe in magic?

BY

PEP and Pregnancy
number of Truvada a week