PEP for three days

Hey,

after an incident I ran to a local hospital to get PEP because I thought I am at risk. I was on this medicine for three days until I saw a HIV specialist who thought the risk wasn't big enough for prescribing PEP.

What I am worried about now is the damage I have done to my body so unneccesarily by taking these toxic drugs (Truvada and Kaletra). Do I have to expect something serious after such a short exposure or will my body repair itself?

Greetings

Hello and thanks for posting.

HIV medications are generally safe and non-toxic and the tolerability profile of medications in getting better and better (which is why the most current guidelines no longer highly recommend Kaletra). It would be exceptionally unusual for you to have any serious problems after only three days of medications.

BY

Coartem (antimalaria) and combo tivicay/truvada
hiv/aids and laxatives