May 11, 2014
Is alcoholic hepatitis able to be cured if I haven't drank alcohol in years,
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Alcoholic liver injury can indeed heal, but depends on the extent of liver injury before alcohol was stopped- once cirrhosis occurs, it's much more difficult for liver recovery.
If your concerned about your liver health, I'd suggest speaking to your care provider.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Infection Sharing A Toothbrush
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- Is Ear Infection A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.