Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

In My Mind or In My Body?

Apr 24, 2014

I hope this isn't a silly question, but I've been having a strange sense of feeling anxious and agitated and generalized intermittent aches and pains about everyday for a while. I was Dx a year ago and my labs are very good so I'm not on any treatment. The odd thing is that I can about set a clock to it. It begins about an hour after getting up in the morning and lasts 4-6 hours. My question is this.... Can the virus itself be the cause or is it merely psychosomatic? I thought I've already dealt with the usual psychological aspect of the Dx already so that is why I'm asking if it is me or is it the virus.

Response from Dr. Young

Hello,

No questions are silly- so thanks for posting. I'm not sure where you live, but here in the US, HIV treatment is recommended for all people living with HIV- independent of how "good" your labs are.

In many other countries, HIV medications are now recommended for people whose CD4s are below 500, or who have a range of indicator conditions- including being sexually active and not wanting to infect one's partner.

As for your symptoms, it's difficult to know exactly in a online posting what the cause might be, but it would be worth discussing your symptoms (as well as why you're not on treatment) with your care provider.

Be well, BY

Previous
Hep C genotypes
Next
the reason of excessive sweat

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.