PEP Treatment,I have a party to go to
Apr 19, 2014
Hi Dr. I'm on day 5 of my PEP treatment and I have chosen to take it at 8:30pm every night and I go straight to bed after it as it makes me drowsy. I have to attend a dinner party next weekend and I won't be able to take it at that time. Can I take it later when I come back from the party?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting your question about PEP.
There's no strict requirement to take your pills at exactly the same time. Just take your meds when your back from the dinner party.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When Does Diarrhea Start After Hiv Infection?
- What Is The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Hiv?
- Getting Someone Pregnant When You Are Hiv Positive
- Accidental Hiv Transmission And Dental Instruments
- How Soon Would They Notify An Hiv Positive After Donating Blood?
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.