To early for this?

I was infected almost one year ago and just come back from my third doctor visit. I've been doing well other than losing weight along with muscle mass and some slight on/off again tingling in lower extermities. My doctor says it is hiv associated but I'm having a hard time accepting this so soon and my labs are pretty good. CD4 816 / 52% VL 23k My question is, can he be correct or should I demand further investigation. Also, if it is possible this is purely hiv related, would starting treatment now reverse things?

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're CD4 labs would indicate that you're risk of a HIV-related complication is pretty low. That said, it's relevant to know that some people are symptomatic, even with high CD4 counts.

US treatment guidelines, since 2012, have recommended starting HIV medications, irrespective of CD4 cell count, and especially in people who have symptomatic HIV illness.

If your doctor's assessment is right, treating the HIV should reverse the symptoms.

Hope that helps, BY

interaction between crestor and porphyra-zyme
Do I swap meds