Atripla with doxycycline, tetracycline, rifampin or streptomycine.

Some years ago, before I got infected, I had Brucellosis, because I work with animals in Mexico, and my doctor gave me these antibiotics. I have read that some medicines have negative effects with Atripla. Now, that I'm HIV+, I don't know if I shouldn't take any of these. I couldn't ask my doctor yet, I don't need them and hope not to need them again, but I have that concern, if one day I'm on the emergency service because of a bacterial infection (here in Mexico, on warm season, is very common). My next check will be in some months. Thanks for the answer.

Hello thank you for posting from Mexico.

I think you're probably putting the cart before the horse. While it's important to bear in mind the possibility of drug interactions it's also important to know that in most cases it's possible to navigate around these interactions.

I like using online calculators to assess for drug-drug interactions. A very highly detailed one that includes much information about HIV medications is HIVdruginteractions.org. When you input you are HIV medications and anabiotic that you've listed, the only significant interaction is with rifampin. Streptomycin should be used carefully with medications such as tenofovir since both have the potential to cause kidney injury.

I hope that is helpful and be well. BY

Scared of Meds due to being sick w/meds, but not sick when not taking meds.
accidently took two doses of viread ,epivir, viramune